Monday, May 11, 2015

Day #9 Building a Tiny House

Day #9 Building a Tiny House

Hello to All Our Awesome Subscribers:

Today was a rather challenging day due to two things. One was the plumbing and the other was the interior siding. First I would like to talk about the plumbing. I attached my hose to the main line and about 4 areas on the pipes had a little leak. The thing about mounting rings onto pex tubing is that you need to make sure that the rings are mounted very tight and firm. So I had to go back to the 4 areas that were leaking and tighten the rings a little more and the water stopped leaking. It was a good thing I tested the pipes before putting siding over it or I would have been in big trouble.
The other challenge was installing the interior siding. It is easy to install siding on a larger scale home, but for a tiny home there are a lot more angles, windows closer together, wheel wells to cut around, and other strange places to cut around. If I could go back in time, I would have told myself to not put up the loft, utility closet, and the stairs until I finish putting up the siding, then I can put the loft and closet up afterward. Doing this we could have simply placed the siding straight across the structure without any obstacles in our way. Doing it this way would have saved us a day of work.
We are two thirds the way done with the siding, and will start painting as well tomorrow. I am hoping to get the kitchen done at least tomorrow and everything else on friday.

Here are photos of today's progress:





Please stay tuned on how we will be doing interior finish work
have any questions in regards to using our services.

Thanks
Mike
435-238-3727
http://www.uppervalleytinyhomes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment